The Social IMPACT Research Center has developed this FREE Illinois Self-Sufficiency Calculator to help you:
- Learn about the cost of living in your community.
- Construct your own monthly budget, based on your real expenses and income, so you can plan more effectively.
- See if you may be eligible for certain public benefits.
- Learn about tax credits for which you may be eligible.
- Compare different wage scenarios or look at the cost of living in various communities across the state to help you make informed decisions about new jobs or career/educational paths.
The Social IMPACT Research Center’s Illinois Self-Sufficiency Project is generously supported by the Grand Victoria Foundation and the Chicago Foundation for Women.